Your health was, is and will be our priorty
Lockdown - Eased!
Community effort has improved the Corona Virus risk, congratulations. We can now resume most orthodontic treatment.
We are reopening now the experts say it is safer. There are a few changes to what we can do at present.
We would like to let you know about our strategies for the Corona Virus. Like you, we take this problem seriously. Thankfully, our previous level of infection control was higher than required, and we now aim higher again to continue to do more than what is asked of us to keep you and ourselves, safe.
The safety of our community and our team is our priority. We have practiced optimal infection control for years. All patients would have seen us, in the past, use face masks and gowns to protect you and us.
The NSW and Federal Departments of Health are providing us with up to date information and we are kept current with reports from WHO, the Australian Dental Association, and the Australian Society of Orthodontists.
In response to the COVID-19 we aim to eliminate risks to us all, we want you and our team to be safe.
- We ask you to wash your hands when you enter the building.
- We ask you to not bring other people to appointments other than the patient and parent/ guardian or carer.
- We will ask if you have been overseas or are at risk of having Corona Virus.
- We may ask for all people to be identified.
- We have removed magazines from the waiting room.
- All staff have their temperatures taken twice daily, and we may request this of patients if they appear unwell.
- We continue to wear our gowns and wear masks more.
- We have always tried to run on time, we will try to do this better so as to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- We clean all chairs in the building, all surfaces and handles frequently.
Changes to treatment
There will be just a few changes to treatment as a result. We have eliminated aerosol, this can mean we could restrict a few procedures but our commitment to excellence will be maintained.
Looking after each other
Now it is even more important than usual to take care of each other.